Vienna | VA
Welcome Home! Beautifully updated 4 bedroom townhome in Cyrandall Valley North in an amazing location! This property features 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms on the upper level. Main level offers a formal dining room, living room, updated kitchen, deck access, and powder room. 6-foot windows allow tons of natural light! Lower level offers a finished walkout basement with 4th bedroom, a half bathroom and a fenced backyard. Ceiling fans in almost every room! This turn-key home includes lots of wonderful updates: gorgeous bamboo floors on main level, new carpet on the upper level, new siding and windows (2016), new roof and gutters (2019), new furnace (2019), updated bathrooms, fully updated kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. Assigned parking included for 2 cars. Walk to public transportation, Oakton HS, new Scout on the Circle, and Vienna Metro (Orange Line). Convenient to Lee Highway, I-66, 495, Route 7, 50, and Fairfax County Parkway. 5 minutes to Nottoway Park, Town of Vienna and Whole Foods. 10 minutes to Tysons, Fair Lakes, Fair Oaks Mall, 20 minutes to Dulles Airport and 22 minutes to Ronald Reagan National Airport.
Vienna is a town in Fairfax County, Virginia, United States and is bordered by Interstate 66 on the south, Interstate 495 on the east, Route 7 to the north, and Hunter Mill road to the west. In August 2013, CNNMoney and Money magazine ranked Vienna, VA third on its list of the 100 best places to live in the United States. In addition to highly ranked public schools, its assets include a downtown with many small businesses, a Washington Metro station with large parking garages (the western terminus of the Orange Line) just south of the town, and a portion of the Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park hiker/biker trail cutting through the center of the town. Tysons Corner, a residential, commercial and shopping district, is nearby, as is Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts.
Non-native settlement in the region dates to ca. 1740. In 1754, prominent soldier and land owner Colonel Charles Broadwater settled within the town boundaries. Broadwater’s son-in-law, John Hunter built the first recorded house there in 1767, naming it Ayr Hill (recalling his birthplace, Ayr, Scotland.) That name was subsequently applied to the tiny, developing community. The name of the town was changed in the 1850s, when a doctor named William Hendrick settled there on the condition that the town would rename itself after his hometown, Phelps, New York, then known as Vienna. On June 17, 1861 a relatively minor but widely noted military engagement occurred there, the Battle of Vienna, one of the earliest armed clashes of the Civil War. A would-be Union occupation unit under Brig. Gen. Robert C. Schenck approached Vienna from the east by train but was ambushed and forced to retreat by a superior Confederate force led by Colonel Maxcy Gregg. Today, several historical markers in Vienna detail its Civil War history.
Vienna is served by three high schools (Oakton, Madison, and Marshall), two middle schools (Kilmer and Thoreau), and seven elementary schools. However, of all the schools Vienna students attend, only four public and one private are actually within the town limits: Cunningham Park Elementary School, Marshall Road Elementary School, Louise Archer Elementary School, Vienna Elementary School and Green Hedges School.