fbpx
 

9405 BLACKWELL RD #108

ROCKVILLE | MD

SOLD

Scroll
Professional photos coming! Corner unit available with two bedrooms PLUS large den with two full bathrooms, perfectly decorated in Fallsgrove. Open concept with 9ft ceilings, two balconies, fabulous kitchen with ample white 42in cabinets, corian counters, stainless steel appliances and pantry, dining room and large family room with gas fireplace and built in bookcase. Two bedrooms are on opposite sides of the unit for additional privacy. Both bedrooms offer large walk-in closets. The owner's suite with en-suite bathroom features separate tub and shower and double bowl vanity. This home offers easy access to Metro, I-270, ICC, shopping, dining and more. Enjoy the amenities of Fallsgrove plus the use of the indoor pool and fitness center at the neighboring hotel. All included in the very low condo fee. Restricted showing times.

Rockville is one of Maryland’s oldest towns, with its origins dating back to Colonial America. During Revolutionary times Rockville was known as Hungerford’s Tavern, the name of its most familiar landmark. When Montgomery County was formed by a division of Frederick County in 1776, Rockville served as the county seat and gradually became known as Montgomery Court House. In the 1780s, the community was known as Williamsburgh, named for the family that subdivided the central part of town, when Rockville was little more than a cluster of homes, a tavern, a courthouse and a jail. In 1801, the Maryland General Assembly officially established the name of the town as “Rockville” because of its location close to Rock Creek. The population grew from 200 in 1800 to 400 in 1846. Rockville became incorporated in 1860 and was governed by three commissioners until 1888, when the city’s 400 residents elected the first Mayor and Council.

 

The opening of the Rockville depot on the Metropolitan Branch of the B&O Railroad in 1873 brought the Town into closer contact to the Capital City, but overall growth came slowly. In the 1930’s, this growth was steady but not spectacular. City limits were expanded again, this time to the south, and population rose to 2,047 in 1940. But after that, the population skyrocketed, increasing from 6,934 in 1950 to nearly 45,000 in 1980. As of the 2010 census, the population increased to 61,000. Rockville has grown very rapidly from a leisurely, agriculturally-oriented county seat to a cosmopolitan city of many neighborhoods. It is home to a well-educated population and serves as an employment center for national biomed corporations, the federal government and county government.

 

 

[Source: Rockvillemd.gov]


Schools

For more information on Montgomery County Schools, click here

Offered At | $459,900

2 bed | 2 bath

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience and deliver our services. By continuing to visit this site, you agree to our use of cookies. More info