Rockville | MD
Welcome to Midtown Bethesda North! After being greeted by the concierge in the spectacular front lobby, you’ll retreat to this spacious 1-bedroom condo with gorgeous natural light and an enormous balcony. The western exposure allows for sweeping views of Rockville Pike (355) & serene sunsets. The oversized bedroom features a large walk-in closet with the installed closet system that presents outstanding storage space and leads to the dual entry bathroom. In-unit washer/dryer, central HVAC system and garage parking complete this move-in ready home. The building is pet-friendly and features tons of amenities including a fitness center that would challenge any local gym, Skybox Lounge perfect for private events when the time permits, Rooftop pool, grills, theater room, billiards, business center and around the clock security. There is also a guest suite that can be rented nightly. Conveniently located to the Twinbrook Metro station, Montrose Crossing, Target, Giant, Pike & Rose and tons of other dining/shopping options. Truly an amazing first home, at an amazing price for this location/area. Please
Note: this is a Moderately Priced Dwelling Unit (MPDU) and open to the general market. No income restrictions. Must be a first time home buyer and must be a primary residence. Contact listing agent for additional details or questions.
Rockville is one of Maryland’s oldest towns, with its origins dating back to Colonial America. During Revolutionary times Rockville was known as Hungerford’s Tavern, the name of its most familiar landmark. When Montgomery County was formed by a division of Frederick County in 1776, Rockville served as the county seat and gradually became known as Montgomery Court House. In the 1780s, the community was known as Williamsburgh, named for the family that subdivided the central part of town, when Rockville was little more than a cluster of homes, a tavern, a courthouse and a jail. In 1801, the Maryland General Assembly officially established the name of the town as “Rockville” because of its location close to Rock Creek. The population grew from 200 in 1800 to 400 in 1846. Rockville became incorporated in 1860 and was governed by three commissioners until 1888, when the city’s 400 residents elected the first Mayor and Council.
The opening of the Rockville depot on the Metropolitan Branch of the B&O Railroad in 1873 brought the Town into closer contact to the Capital City, but overall growth came slowly. In the 1930’s, this growth was steady but not spectacular. City limits were expanded again, this time to the south, and population rose to 2,047 in 1940. But after that, the population skyrocketed, increasing from 6,934 in 1950 to nearly 45,000 in 1980. As of the 2010 census, the population increased to 61,000. Rockville has grown very rapidly from a leisurely, agriculturally-oriented county seat to a cosmopolitan city of many neighborhoods. It is home to a well-educated population and serves as an employment center for national biomed corporations, the federal government and county government.