564 24TH ST NE


Welcome to 564 24th St NE, a beautiful rowhome in the heart of Kingman Park! This 1,920 sq ft property offers three levels of living space, gleaming hardwood floors, ample closet space, dining area, living room, sunlit office area, and much more. The kitchen features stainless steel appliances, gas stove, and plenty of cabinet space. On the upper level, you'll find the primary bedroom receives plenty of natural light, and the massive second bedroom has enough room to be used as a bedroom plus exercise space, an additional office area, nursery, etc. The full bath features a dual vanity and skylight. The finished lower level has a recreational area, bar, full bath, and private rear entrance leading to the fenced back yard, driveway, and rear porch. The inviting front porch is perfect for outdoor lounging and relaxation. Minutes from H St Corridor, Langston Hughes Golf Course, Kingman Island Park, The Fields at RFK, DC Streetcar, and Metro. Bike to Union Market and Eastern Market, or take a short drive to Downtown. Enjoy being steps away from the endless dining, shopping, and entertainment options that DC has to offer!

Kingman Park is a residential neighborhood in the Northeast quadrant of Washington, D.C. The neighborhood is composed primarily of two-story brick row houses (most of which were built when the neighborhood was founded in 1928). Kingman Park is named after Brigadier General Dan Christie Kingman, the former head of the United States Army Corps of Engineers (for whom nearby Kingman Island and Kingman Lake are also named). 


Prior to the 1920s, Kingman Park was a largely uninhabited, wooded area located near the D.C. city dump. The area was originally on the shores of the Anacostia River. Between 1860 and the late 1880s, large mudflats (“the Anacostia flats”) formed on both banks of the Anacostia River due to deforestation and the heavy erosion it caused. In 1805, local landowner Benjamin Stoddert built a wooden bridge over the Anacostia River at the present site of Benning Bridge. The bridge was sold to Thomas Ewell, who in the 1820s sold it to William Benning. Thereafter the structure was known as Benning’s Bridge (or Benning Bridge). The wooden bridge was rebuilt several times after 1805. This included construction of a steel bridge in 1892, and the current beam-concrete pier bridge in 1934. Kingman Park is currently part of both Ward 6 and Ward 7. Prior to 2001, all of Kingman Park had been part of Ward 6. But with neighborhoods east of the Anacostia River losing population while areas west of it gained voters, the D.C. City Council was forced to redraw each ward’s boundaries in order to maintain equal populations. In June 2001, the D.C. City Council adopted and Mayor Anthony A. Williams signed the “Ward Redistricting Act,” which transferred 1,840 residents of Kingman Park from Ward 6 to Ward 7. 


In May 2018, D.C.’s Historic Preservation Review Board voted to designate Northeast D.C. neighborhood Kingman Park as a historic district.


[Source: Wikipedia]


For more information on DC Public Schools, click here


Offered At | $635,000

2 bed | 2 bath

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience and deliver our services. By continuing to visit this site, you agree to our use of cookies. More info