Check Out How RLAH is Responding to COVID-19

4601 N Park Avenue #615 | RLAH
 

4601 N Park Avenue #615

Chevy Chase | MD

SOLD

Scroll

Prepare to be impressed! Entertainer’s dream within this massive home in the sky. This incredible residence is the result of meticulous planning by a renowned local architect and designer. The spaces are embassy-sized and ideally suited to large-scale entertaining as well as a cozy weekend at home. Two units were combined to give this home unparalleled light, a grand scale and outstanding flow.

 

Gorgeous hardwood floors in the kitchen, foyer, living and dining rooms. The kitchen is sure to impress with luxury-level cabinetry, built-ins, custom lighting and many chef-inspired touches that make this home truly one of a kind. The master suite is larger than many studio apartments and offers an en-suite spa bath with custom fixtures, and two walk-in closets. The master bath offers dual vanities, a soaking tub and a large walk-in shower. The master suite is spacious enough to provide a large sitting area, a private balcony and wonderful light.

 

The dining room is proportioned to accommodate large dinner parties as well as designated lighting for your artwork. The living room can easily accommodate 30 plus people with another large balcony and unimpeded views eastward. There is a full bath and a very large storage room off of the living room. Please note the northern end of the living room could VERY easily be partitioned off into a third bedroom, study or den. The second spacious bedroom is en-suite and includes a washer and dryer and large storage unit.

 

Over 300K dollars was spent to renovate this masterpiece including the kitchen, custom built-ins, targeted lighting and stunning bathrooms. This spectacular residence allows the discerning buyer a truly elevated lifestyle in a full-service building. The Elizabeth is a professionally managed building that has never had a special assessment since its incorporation. Two parking spots, an easy walk to the metro and Wholefoods are bonuses. Some of the best restaurants in the DC metro area are a 10-minute walk away.

Chevy Chase is the name of both a town and an unincorporated census-designated place that straddle the northwest border of Washington, D.C. and Montgomery County, Maryland. Several settlements in the same area of Montgomery County and one neighborhood of Washington, D.C. include “Chevy Chase” in their names. These villages, the town, and the CDP share a common history and together form a larger community colloquially referred to as “Chevy Chase”. Primarily a residential suburb, Chevy Chase adjoins Friendship Heights, a popular shopping district. It includes the National 4-H Youth Conference Center, which hosts the National Science Bowl annually in either late April or early May.

 

 

The name “Chevy Chase” is derived from “Cheivy Chace”, the name of the land patented to Colonel Joseph Belt from Charles Calvert, 5th Baron Baltimore on July 10, 1725. It has historic associations to a 1388 battle between Lord Percy of England and Earl Douglas of Scotland, the subject of the ballad entitled “The Ballad of Chevy Chase”. At issue in this “chevauch√©e” (a French word describing a border raid) were hunting grounds or a “chace” in the Cheviot Hills of Northumberland and Otterburn.

 

Before 1890, Chevy Chase was unincorporated farmland, during which time Senator Francis G. Newlands of Nevada and his partners began acquiring land in the area, for the purpose of developing a residential streetcar suburb for Washington, D.C. during the expansion of the Washington streetcars system. Newlands and his partners founded The Chevy Chase Land Company in 1890, and its holdings of more than 1,700 acres (6.9 km2) eventually extended along the present-day Connecticut Avenue from Florida Avenue north to Jones Bridge Road. The Chevy Chase Land Company built houses for $5,000 and up on Connecticut Avenue and $3,000 and up on side streets. The company banned all commerce from residential neighborhoods. Leon E. Dessez was Chevy Chase’s first resident. He and Lindley Johnson of Philadelphia designed the first four houses in the area. Lea M. Bouligny founded a school for young women at the Chevy Chase Inn (7100 Connecticut Ave). Changed name to Chevy Chase College and Seminary for Young Ladies and then again to Chevy Chase Junior College in 1927. In 1951, the National 4-H Club Foundation purchased the property. Bouligny died in 1954 and is buried in Warrenton, Fauquier County, Virginia.

 

[Source: Wikipedia]

Schools

For more information on Montgomery County Schools, click here

MARKETED BY

Jeffrey Reese

Team

Our Partners

ASK AQuestion

SCHEDULE AShowing



Offered At | $724,950

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience and deliver our services. By continuing to visit this site, you agree to our use of cookies. More info