Aldie | VA
Stunning home with upgrades galore! Culdesac location in Stratshire Crossing. Upgraded elevation with flagstone front porch. Premium lot backing to trees. 5 Bedrooms with 4.5 Baths. 4 bedrooms on the upper level, including Master with sitting room, luxury Master Bath, 2nd Bedroom Princess Suite with private bath and 2 other spare bedrooms with Jack and Jill bath. Basement offers a 5th bedroom with an additional bath. Convenient upper-level laundry. Hardwood flooring throughout the main level. Two-Story Foyer. Upgraded hardwood staircase with carpet runner. Custom paint throughout. Tons of recessed lighting. Gourmet kitchen with island, built-in wall ovens, built-in desk/message center, cooktop, microwave, granite counters, stainless steel appliances, and custom backsplash. Huge custom screened-in porch with top of the line features, including a Trex deck extension. Huge family room off kitchen. The main level is rounded out with a family room, living room, home office, powder room and mudroom. In addition to the bedroom and bath, the basement features a custom wet-bar, huge storage room with built-in shelving and spacious rec room with large windows (partial walk-up allows lots of daylight). Basement freshly painted and upgraded with built-in speakers. Over 40K screened porch improvement and 5K built-in shed. Brand new roof in 2019. Built-in sprinkler system. Tons of conveniences nearby, including Stone Springs Hospital, tons of shopping, grocery and restaurants at Stone Ridge Shopping Center, South Riding, Eastgate and Dulles Landing. Part of the Dulles Farms HOA, which includes tons of amenities, including pools, tennis courts, tot lots, paths, basketball courts, exercise room, clubhouse with party room and more.
Aldie is a community located between Chantilly and Middleburg in Loudoun County, Virginia. Aldie’s historic heart is the Village of Aldie that is located on the John Mosby Highway (Route 50) in a gap between the Catoctin Mountains and Bull Run Mountains, through which the Little River flows. Aldie traditionally serves as the gateway to Loudoun Valley and beyond. As of 2014, the Aldie postal area had a population of 11,420 people, a 569% increase since 2000 making it one of the fastest growing suburbs in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and the second fastest growing zip code in Virginia. As a result, the eastern part is suburbanized with numerous upscale communities recently built or under construction while most of the Aldie Hills adjacent to the historic Village of Aldie have so far largely preserved their bucolic character.
Aldie’s beginnings were laid in 1765 when James Mercer and George Mercer established a mill at the location of the present historic edifice. The location was a natural choice, as the gap contained the intersection of the Belhaven road between Winchester and Alexandria and the Mountain road which ran northwest to Snickers Gap. By 1809 the Little River Turnpike was completed from Alexandria to the Mercer Mill, replacing the older rutted section of Belhaven Road. Mercer named the village for Castle Aldie, his Scottish clan’s ancestral home. By 1811 a post office had been established in the village. Two years later, the Ashby’s Gap Turnpike was completed from Aldie to Middleburg, and in 1818 the Snickersville Turnpike opened, replacing the Mountain Road. By the census of 1820, Aldie had a population of 248 residents, making it the fourth largest town in the county. The population peaked in 1830 at 260—notably more than half, 132, were slaves. With the incorporation of Middleburg the following year, Aldie began a slow decline. During the American Civil War, the village itself and lands immediately to the west and northwest were the site of the Battle of Aldie during the Gettysburg Campaign. In addition, the Confederate partisan John Singleton Mosby was active in the village, and several small skirmishes between Union cavalry and his band of rangers took place in and around Aldie.
Aldie’s most famous resident was President James Monroe who constructed his private residence at Oak Hill (James Monroe House) in 1822. Aldie has three sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This includes the Aldie Mill Historic District, which includes the Aldie Mill and other historical buildings, the Loudoun Agricultural and Mechanical Institute, and the Mount Zion Old School Baptist Church. Gilbert’s Corner Regional Park is also located in Aldie next to Mount Zion Old School Baptist Church and offers trails and a picturesque view of the Bull Run Mountains and Blue Ridge Mountains ranges.