Brentwood | MD
Charming All-Wood Floors, Light-filled Brentwood Country Cottage with lots of windows! This home has been not only restored but upgraded and updated to reflect today’s tasteful lifestyle. Upgrades include original pine wood floors that have been preserved throughout, crown molding throughout the house, new beautiful gas fireplace with accent mosaic, which keeps the entire house toasty warm anytime it is ignited. Quartz kitchen counters and sink, updated bathrooms, 5-year-old roof, freshly painted inviting front porch. The entire home is bright and inviting, and the views from every window are green.
Beautiful private park-like garden, with an old fashioned smoker in the back corner, a beautiful backdrop that is emblematic of the charm of the Old South.
Conveniently located on a quiet street by the Gateway Arts District, this home offers a one-car garage that you’d be hard-pressed to find so close to DC! The home has been lovingly maintained and is ready for the new owners. This cottage is located in a diverse and popular neighborhood, steps from the best of Mt Rainier, DC Brau, the upcoming Pennyroyal Station restaurant, and more. Conveniently located near the DC line and easy access to Rhode Island Ave, Eastern Ave, Route 50. Enjoy all that Brookland, Woodridge, Hyattsville, Riverdale (Whole Foods, Denizens, Burtons), College Park have to offer. Access to Rhode Island Ave and West Hyattsville Metro stops. Metro (red/green lines), the National Arboretum. Parks, and bike trails are all at your fingertips.
Brentwood is a town in Prince George’s County, Maryland and is less than 1-mile away from Washington, D.C. The municipality of Brentwood is located just outside the northeast boundary of the District of Columbia and surrounded by the communities of Mount Rainier, Cottage City, North Brentwood, and the nearby Hyattsville. Along the Route 1 Corridor, Brentwood is part of the Gateway Arts District. The town was originally incorporated in 1922 and is named after the Brentwood estate built in 1817 by Robert Brent in Northeast Washington, DC. The town was developed beginning in the 1890s around the Highland Station of the Washington Branch of the B & O Railroad and the Columbia and Maryland Railway. Brentwood was created by Wallace A. Bartlett, a Civil War veteran, former foreman for the Government Printing Office, Patent Office examiner, and inventor originally from Warsaw, New York. Captain Bartlett lived in Washington, D.C. until 1887, when he purchased 206 acres of farmland from Benjamin Holliday, which abutted the Highland subdivision. Bartlett built a farmhouse for his family on the land and, with two partners J. Lee Adams and Samuel J. Mills, formed the Holladay Land and Improvement Company.
The community continued to grow in the early 20th century. A school was built, and the Brentwood Citizens’ Association formed in 1903, a Methodist church was constructed in 1904, a fire department was started in 1905, and was formed in 1903. Kerosene street lamps were added in 1917, and electric lights were installed in 1920. When incorporated, the town included the southerly part of the Holladay Addition, the Brentwood Company subdivision, and two smaller additions. The houses built during this time consisted of small frame bungalows. Growth continued through the 1940s and 1950s, fueled by an influx of government workers. In the 1950s, many older homes were replaced and empty lots were filled with small cottages and ranch houses. The majority of homes in Brentwood were built during and after World War II; young people coming to Washington, D.C., to support the war effort found a quiet place to raise their families. There are two small service-oriented commercial areas. A focal point is Bartlett Park named for Captain Bartlett who deeded the land to the town. The park is home to the Wohlfarth Building, which serves as the Town Hall.