Chevy Chase | MD
Situated on a quiet, tree-lined street you will find The Hamlet House Condominium. This 29 unit, pet-friendly condominium provides owners the perfect combination of location, value, and comfort. This newly renovated, spacious one-bedroom unit features a private entrance and patio.
The open feeling of the home comes from the sliding glass door which provides natural light throughout. The brand-new, renovated kitchen features granite countertops, new appliances, and boasts ample cabinet and countertop space. The open floor plan is ideal for entertaining while cooking because of the large opening to the dining room.
The master bedroom is generously sized, with a large closet for ample storage. Next to the bedroom is a newly renovated ceramic tile bathroom.
The Hamlet House Condominium location simply cannot be beaten, and all utilities are included in the condo fee! The unit also includes off-street unassigned surface parking, secured mailboxes, and separate storage. It is located minutes from the Beltway and Downtown Bethesda, Starbucks, Einstein Brothers Bagels, shops, restaurants, and more. Plus, it’s an easy commute to Downtown DC with bus lines are close by.
Chevy Chase is a neighborhood in northwest Washington, D.C. It borders Chevy Chase, Maryland, a collection of similarly affluent neighborhoods. In the late 1880s, then-Representative Francis G. Newlands of Nevada and his partners began the aggressive acquisition of farmland in northwest Washington, D.C. and southern Montgomery County, Maryland, for the purpose of developing a residential streetcar suburb. They founded the Chevy Chase Land Company in 1890, and its eventual holdings are now known as this neighborhood and Chevy Chase, Maryland. Chevy Chase D.C. was developed beginning in the early 1900s after construction was completed on the Chevy Chase Line, a streetcar line stretching to and beyond the northwestern boundary of the District of Columbia, thereby linking the area to downtown. Over succeeding decades the formerly remote area was transformed from farmland and woods to middle-class housing. The housing stock in Chevy Chase D.C. includes many “Sears Catalog Homes”, a popular housing option in the early twentieth century that allowed individuals of modest means to order by mail the materials and instructions for home and build it themselves.
The neighborhood’s major commercial road is Connecticut Avenue NW, which, in addition to commercial establishments, is home to apartments, a community center, and a regional branch of D.C. Public Library. Unlike many urban neighborhoods that have lost local businesses to large chains and suburban malls, the small, generally locally owned businesses along Connecticut Avenue remain and are well patronized by the local population. These businesses include Magruder’s Supermarket, established in 1875, and the Avalon Theatre, which opened in 1923 as a silent film house and ran until the theater underwent renovations in 2003. The Avalon thereafter reopened as a non-profit movie theater. In addition to historical commercial buildings, the area has multiple parks including Rock Creek Park, Lafayette Park, and Livingston Park.