Washington | DC
Right across from the National Zoo, steps to shops, restaurants and more; Cathedral Park Condominiums is a 178-unit complex built in 1923. Unit 120 is a fully renovated one bedroom plus den, one bath, condominium featuring plenty of natural light and nine-foot ceilings.
There is a formal foyer with coat closet that opens to the large living room. Glistening hardwood floors are found throughout, and high ceilings lend an airy feel to the home. The living room offers excellent natural light and thoughtfully installed wall sconces. A formal dining room is off of the living room providing ideal flow for entertaining.
The newly renovated kitchen features high-end stainless-steel appliances, sleek white quartz counters, and white shaker style cabinets. The cabinets are extended height, with slow close doors and European handles. With plenty of cabinetry (including a pantry cabinet!) and counter space, this kitchen is a dream combination of aesthetics and functionality.
The owner’s bedroom is spacious with two exposures and a large closet. The den is found off of the living room through double French doors, with a wall of built-ins for plenty of storage and decor. This space is flexible and can be used as a second bedroom. The updated ceramic bathroom is located perfectly for easy access in the main living area.
This building has on-site management, first come first serve parking, same floor laundry, and the elevators are currently being modernized. With a walk score of 86, 3100 Connecticut is just minutes walking to both the Cleveland Park Metro and the Woodley Park Metro, and a stone’s throw from many shops, restaurants, entertaining and more!
Cleveland Park is a residential neighborhood in the Northwest quadrant of Washington, D.C. Its main commercial corridor lies along Connecticut Avenue, NW, where the eponymous Cleveland Park station of the Washington Metro’s Red Line can be found; another commercial corridor lies along Wisconsin Avenue. The neighborhood is known for its many late 19th century homes and the historic Art Deco Uptown Theater. It is also home to the William L. Slayton House and the Park and Shop, built in 1930 and one of the earliest strip malls. The neighborhood acquired its name after 1886, when President Grover Cleveland purchased a stone farmhouse directly opposite Rosedale and remodeled it into a Queen Anne style summer estate called Oak View or Oak Hill (by other accounts, Red Top). When Cleveland lost his bid for re-election in 1888, the property was sold, and the Oak View subdivision was platted in 1890.
Early large-scale development was spurred by the neighborhood’s upland topography, which provided a breezy relief from the hot, fetid air in the lowlands that were then the built-up area of Washington, D.C. Most of the houses built during this period show their intended use as summer houses in the era before air conditioning, having such architectural features as wide porches, large windows, and long, overhanging eaves. Once Cleveland Park was connected to downtown Washington, the neighborhood’s second phase of development, as a “streetcar suburb”, began. The Cleveland Park Company oversaw construction on numerous plots starting in 1894. Most houses were designed by individual architects and builders, including Waddy B. Wood, resulting in an eclectic mix of the popular architectural styles of the time, notably the Queen Anne style (including the Shingle style), Georgian Revival, and the Mission Revival.