Vienna | VA
Beautiful End-unit townhome with private patio in the sought-after and convenient Waterford community. This 3 Bedroom home has 2 full baths and 2 half baths, is freshly painted, and boasts an Eat-In Kitchen with generous granite countertops, and bountiful cabinets. The owner’s suite features an en-suite, bright office or nursery. Hardwood floors on the main and upper floors. The basement has the rec-room or additional office along with plenty of extra storage. Move-in ready!! The shed in the backyard conveys! 1.1 miles to the Vienna Metro and convenient your choice of grocery stores, shopping and dining. 66, 50 and the Beltway are minutes away. Walking distance to Oakton High School.
Vienna is a town in Fairfax County, Virginia, United States and is bordered by Interstate 66 on the south, Interstate 495 on the east, Route 7 to the north, and Hunter Mill road to the west. In August 2013, CNNMoney and Money magazine ranked Vienna, VA third on its list of the 100 best places to live in the United States. In addition to highly ranked public schools, its assets include a downtown with many small businesses, a Washington Metro station with large parking garages (the western terminus of the Orange Line) just south of the town, and a portion of the Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park hiker/biker trail cutting through the center of the town. Tysons Corner, a residential, commercial and shopping district, is nearby, as is Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts.
Non-native settlement in the region dates to ca. 1740. In 1754, prominent soldier and land owner Colonel Charles Broadwater settled within the town boundaries. Broadwater’s son-in-law, John Hunter built the first recorded house there in 1767, naming it Ayr Hill (recalling his birthplace, Ayr, Scotland.) That name was subsequently applied to the tiny, developing community. The name of the town was changed in the 1850s, when a doctor named William Hendrick settled there on the condition that the town would rename itself after his hometown, Phelps, New York, then known as Vienna. On June 17, 1861 a relatively minor but widely noted military engagement occurred there, the Battle of Vienna, one of the earliest armed clashes of the Civil War. A would-be Union occupation unit under Brig. Gen. Robert C. Schenck approached Vienna from the east by train but was ambushed and forced to retreat by a superior Confederate force led by Colonel Maxcy Gregg. Today, several historical markers in Vienna detail its Civil War history.
Vienna is served by three high schools (Oakton, Madison, and Marshall), two middle schools (Kilmer and Thoreau), and seven elementary schools. However, of all the schools Vienna students attend, only four public and one private are actually within the town limits: Cunningham Park Elementary School, Marshall Road Elementary School, Louise Archer Elementary School, Vienna Elementary School and Green Hedges School.