Clarksburg | MD
Light and bright 4 bedroom that lives like a 5 bedroom home! Ideal floorplan on the main level has the best of modern and traditional—a large kitchen opens to the eat-in area and living room plus 2 bonus spaces. 4 bedrooms upstairs with a basement retreat perfect for guests, a teenager, or a second entertainment area. This home has a 2-car garage and private green space next to the large deck off the kitchen. Community amenities create a convenient and walkable lifestyle! Some highlights include the tot lot, outdoor pool, practice fields, clubhouse, classes and activities (see events calendar), plus restaurants and a grocery store. Have it all in Clarksburg – great value, investment, and livability.
Clarksburg is a census-designated place and an unincorporated area in northern Montgomery County, Maryland, United States, located along the Interstate 270 technology corridor about 4 miles north of Germantown, Maryland. As an unincorporated area, Clarksburg’s boundaries are not officially defined. Clarksburg is, however, recognized by the United States Census Bureau as a census-designated place, and by the United States Geological Survey as a populated place. According to the United States Census Bureau, it has a total area of 8.3 square miles, of which, 8.2 square miles of it is land and 0.1 square miles of it is water.
Clarksburg is named for trader John Clarke, and was established at the intersection of the main road between Georgetown and Frederick and an old Seneca trail. One of its earliest inhabitants was a man named Michael Ashford Dowden, who in 1752 received a patent for 40 acres from the colonial government called “Hammer Hill”, and two years later permission to build an inn. The inn itself is a footnote in history, hosting the army of General Edward Braddock during the French and Indian War, serving as a meeting place for local Sons of Liberty in the years before the American Revolution, and possibly serving dinner to President Andrew Jackson on his way to his inauguration. Jamie, grandson of the trader, built a general store in the area around 1770, and over the next thirty years enough people moved to the area that Clark was appointed postmaster for the community. By 1875, Clarksburg was a major town in the northern part of the county, but the construction of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad undermined its economy.
Since 2000 there has been major growth in the area of Clarksburg. Several public parks and schools have been developed to help accommodate the growth.