Washington | DC
Welcome to this elegant studio at The Marvin Condominiums in Kalorama. Here you’ll find an open floorplan with engineered wood floors throughout, shimmering overhead lighting, and new plantation shutters in the dining area. The gourmet kitchen features espresso cabinets with blue pearl granite counters and backsplash. Appliances are stainless steel, with a French door refrigerator and gas cooking. Tucked into a corner on the other side of the room is the bed space, separated by grommeted, floor-to-ceiling curtains for privacy. Across from the bedroom area is a huge closet outfitted with adjustable hanging bars. The marble bathroom contains contemporary fixtures, a large stall shower, and a handy linen closet, and to top it off, you have an in-unit laundry with front-loading washer and dryer. Bicycle storage is located in the basement of the building and storage cages are available for rent on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The Kalorama area within the Northwest Quadrant of Washington, D.C. includes the residential neighborhoods of Kalorama Triangle and Sheridan-Kalorama. The area is accessible from the Dupont Circle and Woodley Park Metro stations, as well as various bus lines. Kalorama Triangle is bordered by Connecticut Avenue, Columbia Road, Calvert Street, and Rock Creek Park. Sheridan-Kalorama is adjacent, to the southwest, located between Connecticut Avenue, Rock Creek Park, Massachusetts Avenue, and Florida Avenue. The Kalorama area was primarily rural until the close of the 19th century, lying northwest of the original limits of Washington City from L’Enfant’s original plan. In 1795, Gustavus Scott, a commissioner for the District of Columbia purchased the property, which had been a portion of Anthony Holmead’s “Widow’s Mite” holdings. He constructed a large, classically styled house at 23rd and S Streets, which he named “Rock Hill”. In 1803 Margaret Scott the wife of Gustavus Scott sold the property to William Augustine Washington. In 1807, the noted poet Joel Barlow bought the property and renamed it “Kalorama,” which translates from Greek as “fine view.” Barlow lived in the home until shortly before his death in 1812. Barlow commissioned Capitol architect Benjamin Latrobe to enlarge the house and elevate its design. Kalorama (the residence) was destroyed by a fire during the American Civil War while it was used as a Union hospital. The residence was rebuilt and returned to a single-family home until 1887, when it was leveled by the District of Columbia government for the extension of S Street NW.
The Kalorama Triangle is a residential enclave of Adams Morgan, located in Northwest Washington bounded by three major thoroughfares: Connecticut Avenue, Calvert Street, NW and Columbia Road. Sheridan-Kalorama, also known as Kalorama Heights, is bounded to the north and west by Rock Creek Park; to the south and west by Massachusetts Avenue N.W.; and to the south and east by Florida Avenue and Connecticut Avenue N.W. The Sheridan-Kalorama neighborhood also includes a number of diplomatic residences, such as the residence of the French Ambassador at 2221 Kalorama Road, as well as several embassies – on its Southern side it also includes much of Embassy Row on Massachusetts Avenue. The William Howard Taft Bridge, carrying Connecticut Avenue over Rock Creek Park, with its imposing concrete lions, is also a notable feature. The Spanish Steps are another landmark of the neighborhood.
For more information on DC Public Schools, click here